Canela Media, is a leading digital media technology company that was created by a Hispanic woman, Isabel Rafferty. He reaches over 20 million Hispanics through his more than 180 premium Spanish-language sites and his database of influencers for that population in the United States.
Now this group announces the launch of Canela.TV, a streaming service with more than 8,000 hours of entertainment for adults and children, including comedies, documentary series, novels, cartoons, drama, and action movies, the brand aims to change the classic television model and be the destination for premium videos at home or on the go.
“Hispanic millennials are a diverse and complex generation seeking quality content that reflects the depth of our culture through an accurate portrayal of Hispanic life experiences,” said Isabel Rafferty, CEO, and founder of Canela Media. “Through Canela.TV we are expanding and improving the entertainment options available to this consumer, through captivating high quality, culturally relevant and free content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, accessible on any device of your choice”.
Entertainment is a significant part of Hispanic households. According to the marketing agency Mintel, more than seven out of ten Hispanics watch movies and shows weekly. However, as the bilingual population continues to grow, their choices are not only driven by language, but also by relevance.
Canela.TV has carefully chosen a library of series and films in Spanish and English that will reflect and celebrate Hispanic identity through compelling stories produced by its main partners, including Atr3s Media, Caracol Televisión, Legendary, Polka, Shoreline and Spanglish, by mention some. The awarded contents include:
- More than 100 Lies (Series): This Spanish thriller will keep viewers on the alert as a hacker leaks the deep and dark secrets found on the mobile phones of five students, making it the worst digital catastrophe of their lives.
- Argentina, Land of Love and Vengeance (Series): An Argentine drama that follows the journey of Torcuato and Bruno, two Spanish friends, who fled the Civil War to take refuge in Argentine territory, but their luck leads them to treason.
- Pretty (Series): This Argentine comedy-drama features five women in their 30s and 50s, who lose their fortune when their bank closes overnight, forcing them to reevaluate their priorities while forming an invaluable friendship.
- Huevo Kids: From Huevocartoon’s popular productions comes Huevo Kids, featuring five eggs that live inside a refrigerator, and offers educational content for kids, including math, geometry, color, etc.
- All Your Dead (Film): What would you do if you woke up to find a pile of corpses in your territory? This award-winning Colombian film features Salvador, an agricultural worker who discovers corpses in his crops and must deal with them without the help of local authorities.
- Chavela (Documentary): This award-winning documentary shows the captivating life of Costa Rican singer Chavela Vargas, and how her passionate performance of ranchero songs made her an icon.
- Subterranean: The History of Reggaeton (Series): Set in the 90s, this series presents a group of young producers and music singers in Puerto Rico who create Reggaeton, a new musical genre that was not initially well-received but ended conquering the world.
Canela.TV can be accessed anytime, anywhere at no cost, and is available to download on the App Store and Google Play, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Smart TVs.